beeping smoke alarm

Stacey

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Check that your smoke alarm is definitely the source of chirping; make sure the noise isn’t coming from another alarm (smoke/carbon monoxide/burglar/gas alarm) by process of elimination.

If you confirm that it is the alarm in question that is chirping then you should contact the manufacturer on 0800 141 2561 or e-mail: technicalsupport@fireangel.co.uk

Hope this helps.

Shawn

• 1 year later...
Guest Beeping

Hi. I have this alarm too an it's been beeping but now that I've taken it out, it has stopped. The alarm has been fitted for  5 years so far. Help?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest StudiousPip

My SO-61 is beeping the low battery alarm and it's driving me nuts. My ceilings are too high for me to safely remove it alone. Is there any way to silence it while I wait for my landlord to sort it?

Hi John

Please make sure there is no other alarm in the vicinity. It would be unusual for the alarm to beep every 5 minutes. It is only beeping every 40 seconds when eg the battery is low, so there is probably a different alarm with low battery nearby. Maybe a carbon monoxide alarm.

Harry

• 2 months later...
Guest TashaNeedsHelp!

Hi I have a fireangel ST-620 Thermoptek smoke alarm. It keeps beeping 3 times repeatedly until I silence it, every 5 or 10 minutes I think. 

In the past it has beeped once every 40 seconds. 

I've cleaned it as suggested but that hasn't worked. It's driving me insane! 

The manufacturer's offices are closed. 

Please does anyone else have any other solution other than for me to just sit next to it pressing the silence button every time?! 

Hi, the battery is not working any longer. If the alarm is less than ten years old you can contact the manufacturer for a free replacement, as the alarms have a ten year warranty. If it is older you need to replace the smoke  alarm unfortunately yourself. As the ST-620 production was stopped a few years ago you need to upgrade to the ST620 replacement alarm, which fits the same base.

Harry

• 4 months later...

My ST-750 alarm has been going off twice through night everynight for a week, its the short blast repeated signal thats going off. The bstch no is 14147-17442H and should last until september 2028. Is this a fault with the alarm? The alarm up the top of the stairs is fine.

• 6 months later...

Hi. My fireangel ST-620 has started beeping today. 3 long beeps then a break and continues for about 30 seconds, although seems longer when your heart's racing. I'm guessing it's had it but not had any low battery signal beeps. Its expiry date is 2024. How do I check if still under guarantee? 

• 6 months later...
Guest Zoe Whitfield

Our alarm at the bottom of the stairs beeps if the heating is on. We’re also finding if it’s a very hot day, it’s also beeping. Doesn’t affect the one at the top of the stairs. Any suggestions? Can they be too sensitive or could this be a fault?

Guest Sarah B
On 21/05/2020 at 00:35, Guest Zoe Whitfield said:

Our alarm at the bottom of the stairs beeps if the heating is on. We’re also finding if it’s a very hot day, it’s also beeping. Doesn’t affect the one at the top of the stairs. Any suggestions? Can they be too sensitive or could this be a fault?

I'm having exactly the same problem - it seems to stop in the evening when it cools down, or if I pull the alarm unit down. It seems to be reacting to heat! Expiry is 2026, so should be a good 6 years left, it's also not every 40 seconds like it would be if it were the battery. I think the husband's head is going to explode with the constant beeping!

Would be interested to know if you had any support or have found a solution?