beeping smoke alarm

Stacey

Guest Guest Zoe Whitfield

Our ST-620-FR model is 2 years old. It’s driving us mad! Winter it beeps as we have the radiator on & summer when it’s hot outside! It’s far too sensitive! 

Ours is beeping 3 times then break repeatedly..searched the house for smoke..nothing..have had to take it down as its 11pm and we have a 5 year old sleeping.

• 2 months later...
Guest Maureen

My st-620 constantly bleeping. They told me to take the top off to get the batch number. Three of us have tried but it won't come off we've turned it to unlock but still can't get it! Driving us insane.... any ideas?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Lapwing

Posting incase this helps someone.  Our smoke alarm was chirping every 40 seconds.  I replaced the batteries, turned the power off etc etc and nothing was helping. I searched high and low for the source of the sound but couldn't find anything.  I could hear the chirp in many different locations.

Fast forward a few days and we have finally found an old unit inside the ceiling.  It must have been left there from when the previous system was taken out 8 years ago. We had to pull up the carpet from the top floor, remove a floorboard and there it was!!!  I actually thought we were never going to find the source of the beep so was ecstatically happy after months of hearing the little chirp.