Final exit door direction.

It's based on numbers and persons using the door. Normally 60 persons is the cross over from good practice to a must, based on official benchmarks going back many decades, if there are gatherings of the public where they could be a mass panic and the risk of crushing this can affect the risk assessment.

Thanks I have read something about the 60 person rule but wasnt sure if that's legislation or not .The doors are at a care home of 34 residents and an attached day centre. With visitors etc the foot traffic throughout the building would be well over 60, but the building is 15 years old and these doors are original. No one has picked up on this direction of opening before and that there is a lip on the threshold plate that could b a trip hazard. Well it is actually as I tripped over it lol. So again i sit here confused as to me it goes against the grain to have them opening inwards. 

Edited by Steve Blakemore
Some words were missed out

Ok that makes sense then as there are quite a lot of doors sobthatvwould potentially reduce the amount going through one doormat any given time.

What do you think about the lip on the threshold plate being a potential trip hazard, as I tripped on it in a calm situation, should something be done about that?