Does wooden furniture need to be fireproofed?

Guest GabriellaKi

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Dance Space

Hi. I am kitting out a public arts building and theatre with furniture. I am commissioning a local wood store to make reclaimed tables and chairs out of wood and metal only for the public to use when they are waitinf ro a dance class or show. Will they need to be sprayed with fire retardant spray/ or treated and do I require the seller/ maker to give me some kind of cerificate that states the fire retartancy? Ive tried googling it and cannot find any info. Thanks Rose

• 4 months later...

Hi there- do you know if wooden futon frames are treated with or have to be treated with any fire retardant chemicals or is it just the mattress that needs to be?

• 10 months later...
Guest Matt

Hi I have a friend who has just taken over a pub with wooden chairs and tables on the balcony the brewery has told them they have to go as there are a fire hazard they have been stained and varnish if they had new wooden furniture and it got coated with a fire retardant fliued and not stained or varnish would this be acceptable any help would be appreciated