I cut fire safety labels off, do I now need to buy new??

Guest EvaChup

Guest Nicky

I had a delivery today of 2 brand new beds, matresses and headboards from a large online retailer,  but I'm concerned because the divan bases have no labels on them at all. I called the company who said that because they state the beds comply with UK fire standards online that they dont need to. Is this correct? 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pelle.m
On 22/03/2022 at 09:53, Guest Pelle.m said:

Are there any regulations regarding the placement of the permanent FR labels. For example, do they have to be visible at all times, or can they be sewn into the cover and be visible when the zipper is open?

Does anyone have an idea if this is allowed?

• 2 weeks later...

They do not need to be visible at all times, they can they be sewn into the cover and be visible when the zipper is open. You cannot replace permanent labels this is done when the item is manufactured and they are the only one that can fix permanent labels.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Emma S

I have just bought and had delivered a two seater leather sofa and the fire label is hanging off a plastic thread to the back cushion on the side and is in the way of the sliding action of the recliners.. Which means very soon it is just going to be broken off.  Why don't manufacturers put these labels underneath furniture and not in the way of either the aesthetics of them or the actions of them..So now I have no idea what to do with this fire label when it is broken off my sofa in the near future..

• 1 month later...

I presume you mean suite? It should have had a permanent label sewn to it somewhere, if this is no longer there, then if you are a professional seller/retailer then no you can not sell it. If you are a private individual, it will be up to the buyer if they wish to buy it or not. If they do not want it, it will have to be disposed of at the dump as charity shops will NOT accept it if it does not have a permanently attached "fire label"

• 3 months later...