Fireangel co-9d beeping

Guest Paula

Guest Paula

I have fire angel CO-9d at home. From yesterday alarm is going crazy in the night and sometimes during the days. It is beeping 4 times but ppm is showing 0 , and there is no battery symbol indicating low battery. Today it beeped again and symbol of spanner appears but I didn’t touch it. Sometimes it is beeping 4 times and the peak symbol is showing but again ppm is still 0. What I can do with it? It was beeping all night but 0 ppm so nothing was detected. Also I don’t have gas at home, everything is electrical. The alarm is still in the same place since I live in the apartment from 4 years. Please let me know what I can do with it

The spanner symbol means it is in self test mode. To clear it you should press and hold the test button.

If it is still giving problems, you can send it back under warranty, PROVIDED you have proof of purchase, if not then as there are no user serviceable parts you should dispose of it and buy a replacement.

As an aside, do you have any smoke alarms in your apartment?

Guest Paula

Yes I do have smoke test in every room. Also, holding button on my fireangel is not working, I cannot get out from test mode. After a couple of minutes test mode is ending automatically but without me touching anything it is starting again and beeping. Ppm stil 0. I try to reset it today but it didn’t helped. It looks like the button is somehow broken(?) and its pressing itself(?) I really don’t know but it was beeping for about an hour today with ppm 0 so it’s just crazy. I will spoke with my landlord about getting a new one.

• 4 months later...