Fire door replacement after damage

Guest Laura

Guest Laura

Recently, the emergency services forced entry into my flat as my partners health/safety was at risk. An emergency locksmith was called after the incident (very expensive), so the property is secure but there is damage to the woodwork (see images attached).

I have no doubt that this means I am obliged to replace the door, as the damage does appear to be past the point of repair. What price point would I be looking at for an FD30 door to be fitted? 

Thank you for any advice!

20190806_122818.jpg

20190806_122844.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Depends how decorative you need it! https://www.diy.com/departments/doors-and-windows/bandq/fire/_/N-92gZ1z13zsvZ1z1398t?page=2

The door and frame need to be matched ideally as testing and approval is usually as a doorset (whole assembly, door, frame, etc)

Check the lease for the block doesn't have conditions on the appearance of the door, it may have to match the others.

This forum is about giving fire safety advice not pricing, which will vary greatly depending where in the country you live, so I would suggest you you get a number of quotes locally, study them, and this should indicate a fair price.