Concealed Closers Height

Gorley81

I have fitted a few Perko Powermatics and have always gone by no more than 750mm from floor and within 300mm of a hinge.

Just recently I have been getting called out to door issues that another contractor has fitted the Astra 3003 closer. A couple of these doors have been fairly stiff to open. The closers have been fitted anywhere between 1200-1600 high.

I was under the impression that concealed Closers shouldn't be fitted any higher than 1000mm but cannot find any regs that state this.

On the Astra installation instructions there is no mention of height, I have tried contacting Astra for an answer but getting nowhere.

Anyone have any ideas?

• 1 month later...
Guest Matt 12345

We have had a scope change from a client at the last minute and require perko's or something similar on new front entrance doors, over head closers arent possible in some instances. Could you gents kindly recommend any Q mark SBD door sets you know that could cover both situations? Struggling to find something suitable with testing 🤯

Thanks