Mr

Guest David John Sewell

Guest David John Sewell

Please could you tell me, I went into a shop in Ipswich, what was the main front door had a sign, please use back door, after I purchased my goods, I went to go out of what knew as the main door, which had the sign on, this door was locked, I said shouldn’t the door be unlocked as it was exit to the street, I was told it was not a fire door so could be locked, I said it might not be a fire door, but in a emergency people would go for the nearest door. It isn’t marked as a fire exit, but surely if it leads to the street it should be useable. Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/09/2022 at 15:08, Guest David John Sewell said:

Please could you tell me, I went into a shop in Ipswich, what was the main front door had a sign, please use back door, after I purchased my goods, I went to go out of what knew as the main door, which had the sign on, this door was locked, I said shouldn’t the door be unlocked as it was exit to the street, I was told it was not a fire door so could be locked, I said it might not be a fire door, but in a emergency people would go for the nearest door. It isn’t marked as a fire exit, but surely if it leads to the street it should be useable. Thank you 

It's not an ideal set up and your point is very accurate, but without seeing the premises and their risk assessment it's difficult to say it's 100% wrong although it's possible.