Jump to content

Fire risk assessment if you are the management company

Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

I, along with 5 other directors own shares of the freehold of a block of 6 flats. We are currently selling the property and have been requested to provide a fire risk assessment. I have read that the management company needs to provide this. As I am a director of the management company would it suffice for myself along with another director to fill in a self assessment? Or do we need to go through a recognised external company?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

As long as you are competent and the resulting assessment is suitable and sufficient then legally you can carry out the FRA. Many organisations choose to use external competent persons to ensure a suitable and sufficient FRA, but if you feel competent enough the official guidance is inked below:


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...