HMO Bathrooms

gor81

Would it be considered as reasonable to upgrade to FD30S the door to a bathroom with an electric shower and containing WC in an HMO. The bathroom opens into the

common internal means of escape hallway. All rooms including hallway are provided with hard wired AFD. Upgrade of the door is considered on the basis of the existence of the electric shower

in the bathroom. The current door has no FR and is not SC. Any advice appreciated.

If you consider the electric shower as a fire risk then your actions would be correct but I am not at all certain, I would accept it is a possible ignition source but considering the contents of a bathroom, could they result in a serous fire? 

Thanks for your response Tom, it's appreciated. I agree it's one of those things that if I go into  another premises in the future and I have a toilet with an extractor fan or hand dryer, I may have set a precedent for myself and start to really go OTT. Given there is a current EICR certificate for the fixed wiring and limited readily combustible materials in the bathroom I don't feel I can justify upgrading. I may recommend a self closing device. Cheers