Online fire warden training

Guest EmmaSu

Are you able to point me in the right direction towards any regulations specifically governing whether online Fire Marshal/Warden training is suitable for use in schools.
I look forward to your response.

Kind regards
Emma

Fire Marshal/Warden training should be similar no matter which premises are involved and the only difference is the fire routine, they have to work to. It is a matter of opinion and the syllabus whether a course is satisfactory; you should seek recommendations from somebody who has taken the course.

Certain environments will require specific training and a standard online course may be unsuitable - e.g. Care  Homes where the fire risks, evacuation strategies and staff duties are far different from those in normal premises.

You need to check the contents of the course against the procedures, roles and responsibilities in your premises. Some organisations offer sector specific versions of their courses (e.g. https://www.i2comply.com/firesafetyschooltraining.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQiAlpDQBRDmARIsAAW6-DOGEoE6febQAlNY1d_mjDNs9kUlP1OZgOztu-fYPRVYu5B71YI08F0aAkE-EALw_wcB & http://www.healthandcare.co.uk/online-health-and-safety-training-courses/fire-safety-for-schools-online-health-and-safety-training-with-certification.html)

However you may find you could use a general course supplemented by information on local procedures, although sector specific is obviously preferred.