Location of warden training

I work in a care home (elderly) I have a fire training course this week but it's not in the care home I work in its at another care home. Is this OK? I have done care for a few years in other homes and the fire training has always taken place in the home I work in.

Providing the training is relevant to your care home then it doesn't matter where the training is conducted what is necessary is that you fully understand the fire procedures in your own care home. There are subjects that are general like using fire extinguishers and they will be the same in all premises.

Edited by Tom Sutton

Care home fire safety training for a major Metropolitan council we work for is centralised at two homes with suitable learning centre facilities - the topics are generalised and supplement the in house training that is delivered at each home to the staff based there that concentrates on the premises fire alarm system, specific evacuation procedures and evacuation aids and service users risk assessments/PEEPs.

As long as you are still getting the site specific stuff at the home you actually work in it should be fine.