Jump to content

Who needs to carry out fire risk assessment? Landlord or business owner?

Guest MatthewRey

Recommended Posts

Guest MatthewRey

I am wondering if our landlord is responsible for providing a fire risk assessment. There was no such thing in place when we moved into our office. The problem is we need certification to become accredited. We are a small company 3 employees and are not sure whether we should be paying or our landlord should be. I would be grateful for your help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the business owner and the person with control over the premises, the staff and the processes undertaken within the premisses, you are the "responsible Person" and the one with the responsibility to carry out or have the Fire Risk Carried out by and outside provider. Then act on the findings as appropriate.

When it comes to any issues arising from the fire risk assessment in relation to the building then that is an issue between yourselves and the landlord and the terms of your lease.

If you are part of a multi occupancy with common areas then the landlord is responsible for the fire risk assessment of the common area and to co operate with the tenants in relation to any significant findings.

Hope that helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...