August 16Aug 16 comment_56087 Hello,I am looking for advice on the following situation: If a Grade A LD1 Fire alarm system in a converted block of flats has a complete system failure and is not working, can the freehold management company ask the residents to stay overnight in the building over the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) until an engineer attends on the next working day?Thank you in advance Report
August 17Aug 17 comment_56093 They can ask, but that doesn't make it right! Usually a waking watch is required to cover such instances, usually by an outside contractor, but in exceptional circumstances residents have rallied round to provide it to save costs. Report
August 18Aug 18 Author comment_56096 Thanks Anthony. Would this be a situation where I could seek advice or support from the Fire Brigade or the local council? Report
August 19Aug 19 comment_56101 You could indeed, I'm sure they would be interested to hear about it Report
Join the conversation
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.