Staff living behind takeaway

Guest Robbo

Hi everyone, I have a takeaway on left with the blue sign , that can just be visible, staff are sleeping above shop to the right with the yellow livery.

Behind in the trees there is a flat with staff sleeping. I believe it is separated from the takeaway but above the yellow shop.

the escape route seems to have wood and plastic sheeting as a weather shield , leading to the 2 x white doors to the street.

other than the separation between use cases , does this come under the housing act as I can’t see where the FSO would come into play ?

any help would be much appreciated,

Rob 

IMG_9648.jpeg

Employees are involved, I doubt they are on an AST & the accommodation will be in connection with their employment so the FSO could be seen to apply.
They are relevant persons who would be affected directly by a fire in the non domestic premises below so the FSO applies to some extent (with respect to the FRA for the unit)
Usually where the FSO doesn't apply the Housing Act does.

The whole lot sounds like it's worth a multiagency inspection by Council & Fire Service (& others..)

• 1 month later...
On 06/12/2023 at 20:53, AnthonyB said:

Employees are involved, I doubt they are on an AST & the accommodation will be in connection with their employment so the FSO could be seen to apply.
They are relevant persons who would be affected directly by a fire in the non domestic premises below so the FSO applies to some extent (with respect to the FRA for the unit)
Usually where the FSO doesn't apply the Housing Act does.

The whole lot sounds like it's worth a multiagency inspection by Council & Fire Service (& others..)

Many thanks , it has been a multi agency approach now.