FD30 door without CF number

Hi,

is the CF number on the top or side of an FD30 door mandatory? I know someone that have their door without it. It was replaced a while ago by a contractor that assured the door is FD30 but didn't provide any CF number with it. Is that acceptable or even possible?

If the brush seal is in the frame, I don't understand how this would work.

The guy is also panicking because he's afraid the management company could sue him for breach of lease. I've told him that's not going to happen if he demonstrates his good will and that he wants to make things right, but I would like to know your opinion.

Thank you

Update, now they said they are going to provide documentation and also a metal tag that will show FD30, the company from where they got the core, this company identification.

thank you @Mike North! It's always great when you can get answers from unbiased people. What are your qualifications? Just to be able to reinforce my argument with who provided it in case I get asked.

Thank you

There is no legal requirement to have the CF number on the top of the door, it merely proves that the door blank manufacturer was a member of the scheme at the time of manufacture.  It does however make it easier to prove the door is a fire door, the invoice should provide this information.

The brush seal is there for cold smoke and not fire