Jump to content


Recommended Posts

Will a detached single-story commercial unit of approximately 2400 sq ft split into 3 units each about 800 sq feet need an individual fire risk assessment for each tenant, or can the building as a whole be done in one assessment? The building is owned by one person.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Each unit would be responsible for it's own FRAs  - if they have their own individual fire alarm systems, exits and 60 minute fire resistant party walls separating them then there would be no need for a landlord common FRA covering the whole building.

FRA requirements are based on who is the Responsible Person or Persons, starting with employers, then persons having control and finally if any areas not covered by either of those only then the landlord. So for your scenario there will be three employers, three premises, three FRAs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...