Jump to content



Recommended Posts

The Commercial property needs a fire risk assessment which must account for the effect of a fire in the ground floor on other relevant persons in the building (i.e. the flat) and so would look at fire separation between the commercial and residential areas and any need for a linked fire alarm.

The flat as a single private dwelling does not require an FRA, but the landlord has specific fire safety duties under the Housing Act 2004 & if in England the Smoke and Carbon Monoxide (England) Regulations 2015 (as amended)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...