Wireless Fire Alarms

Brayant John

So long as the fire alarm complies to the regulations it is possible to use any brand of fire alarm. The most popular fire alarm for non domestic alarms is made by EMS.

If on the other hand you mean alarms for domestic premises then they can have radio interlinked devices (No actual fire panel) the most popular is made by Aico.

Yes, but it must be the correct type for the premises.

BS EN 14604: 2005 &  BS 5446-2 smoke and heat alarms for a BS5839-6 alarm system for dwellings only

EN54 smoke & heat detectors, call points, sounders and control panels for a BS5839-1 system for buildings other than dwellings.

It would appear that Ajax are a "new" burglar alarm manufacturer who also make a combined smoke/heat/CO detector for use with their system (As opposed to stand alone.) and they do NOT make fire alarms, also nothing they offer is wired. There are better options out there.

I would guess the "Online event" will be a sales / recruiting pitch

On 28/09/2022 at 14:35, green-foam said:

It would appear that Ajax are a "new" burglar alarm manufacturer who also make a combined smoke/heat/CO detector for use with their system (As opposed to stand alone.) and they do NOT make fire alarms, also nothing they offer is wired. There are better options out there.

I would guess the "Online event" will be a sales / recruiting pitch

Ah okay, glad you told, a pity cause the design is made damn well there. I saw they started making control panels of wired types, and some other products... Maybe fires will also be a thing there sometimes.