Fire door replacements

PeterM

Hi All, 

We have fire doors fitted to the following rooms in the property, they are quite old and we'd like to update them with new fire doors:

• Living room - existing fire door fitted, due to be replaced
  • Front bedroom - existing fire door fitted, due to be replaced
  • Master bedroom - existing fire door, due to be replaced
  • Main entrance door - existing fire door, not being replaced

I'm getting conflicting information regarding the bathroom doors. Does the main bathroom and the en-suite require fire doors?

Regarding the kitchen, this has never had a door since owning the property, I assume the previous owners removed because of lack of space (there isn't a lot of room for a full size 762mm wide door). We would like to add a door to the kitchen and I assume this needs to be a fire door. Due to the aforementioned space limitation, what are the options for a sliding door here?

I've attached a rough floor plan showing the property layout and the placement of the existing fire doors. The property is on the first floor of a three storey building, with one flat below, and one flat above. 

Any information you can provide would be much appreciated. 

Many thanks, 

Pete

Floor_Plan (2).pdf

Bathrooms don't need fire doors, it's clear in Building Regulations. The kitchen would, you will struggle to find a compliant sliding door solution though.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/937931/ADB_Vol1_Dwellings_2019_edition_inc_2020_amendments.pdf

• 8 months later...
Guest Ian Everton

AnthonyB, thank you for posting the link to the Building regs Fire Safety B. You say its clear in the regs that bathrooms don't need a fire door. I am having a discussion about this at work, cold you point me in the right direction as to where in the regs it makes this clear. I have skim read most of the regulation and cannot find it. Although in the back of my mind it has something to do with a room being habitable and multiple occupancy doesn't it?