Jump to content

Adequate fire separation and fire safety Arrangements


Recommended Posts

I currently own a flat which I am currently attempting to sell. I recently had a buyer pull out of a sale due to results from a home buyers sure which concluded that there was a “lack of adequate fire separation and fire safety arrangements”

My question is what should I do in order to put this right as there are a few factors to consider. The flat itself is directly above a carpet shop so I’m currently not sure if the responsibility should be shared or if it’s solely on one party.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The common areas of your premises and any shops are subject to The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and the Responsible Person's (RP's) should have conducted a fire risk assessment.(FRA) The RP's are the employers and/or the owner/freeholder/managing agents of any common areas that are not a commercial premises.

The “lack of adequate fire separation and fire safety arrangements” is far too general you need a detailed description to make any comments. You should contact the person who made the comments and see if he/she could be more explicit or check out the FRA which should be able to help.

Check out and study the above regulation or you could obtain the help of a fire risk assessor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...