Fire exit travel distance in shared office block

Mersey

I know this is a common question and I have looked through some of the old posts to see if anything similar to my issue has been posted.

We occupy an office within a large office block full of different users / companies.

Although we are on the ground floor due to the design of the building (being on a slope) our nearest fire exit is 10m along the corridor then up a 15 ft stairwell to the fire escape , which is fine for an able bodied person, the other exit is along a corridor which leads to the reception area and out , to the reception area (length of the corridor is about 45M, then another 10M to the outside (55M in total).

I'm unsure what other people get up to in their office space, not sure whether they have their own heaters / vape / toasters / PAT testing etc.. I have no visibility on this.

Also is no automatic fire detection in any of the corridors or the offices, so if a fire was discovered it would need to be by a human

I'm not expert but I think the travel distance is excessive given the lack of a decent automatic fire detection system and if the fire was along the corridor towards the reception then a disabled person would struggle to exit the building. There are no sleeping occupants its a 9-5 office  and they do have fire extinguishers, they do test the sounders on a weekly basis (apparently)

I have asked the building management company on numerous occasion for a copy of their FRA but so far been unsuccessful. I did find out the the local fire and rescue had been to site to inspect and said that their FRA was not suitable or sufficient and that was in 2015. 

My main question is about the travel distance curios to know what people think about this situation too

The employers are the RP of their workplace as defined by The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005  article 3 and not the owners or managing agents.

You design the MoE for able bodied persons and then make special arrangements for the disabled and only a manual fire alarm systems is required unless there is special risks or the owners require it for property protection.

• 3 weeks later...