Jump to content

BM Trada

Recommended Posts

Hi Troy,

Since the Grenfell Tower tragedy, organisations such as councils and housing associations have been noticeably careful to try and procure fire safety related services provided by competent persons. 

They are generally looking for evidence of competence such as a related qualification or membership of a certification scheme. BM Trada is one such scheme but there are others and there have been instances where organisations have accepted alternatives. So its worth asking the council what other proof of competencies are acceptable to them.

I should add that, there is currently no legal requirement to have a particular qualification or belong to a certification scheme to be able to work on fire doors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...