Fire extinguishers for apartment building ground floor and 3 upper levels

Manu_2000

This building was built in 2005, but they changed extinguishers as they expired, 

We have also an electric counter and a garage, despite this fire risks are not too high. I don't know if installing a 9 litre AFFF or a 6kg ABC powder on each level on the stairs and in the garage 6kg ABC and in the counter room 5kg co2. I'm also planning a wiring alarm system. There is also an emergency stairs. Is there anything special that I should install. Better 9l AFFF or 6kg ABC? 

As I say it's relatively new building so passive protection is not a problem. 

Thanks 

Hi, indoors you should not use powder extinguishers at all due to risk of inhalation and obfuscation. However, don't go for 9ltr foam, as the weight is too high for elderly people handling the extinguisher. I would go for 6ltr water mist (with de-ionised water to ensure that the extinguisher can be used on electrical equipment). 

Not entirely sure what you mean with a counter room?

Harry

Electric switchroom - CO2

Garage - Foam

Everywhere else - nothing.

Government Guidance:

It is not normally considered necessary to provide fire extinguishers or hose reels in the common parts of blocks of flats. Such equipment should only be used by those trained in its use. It is not considered appropriate or practicable for residents in a block of flats to receive such training.

In addition, if a fire occurs in a flat, the provision of fire extinguishing appliances in the common parts might encourage the occupants of the flat to enter the common parts to obtain an appliance and return to their flat to fight the fire. Such a procedure is inappropriate

6 hours ago, Safelincs said:

Hi, indoors you should not use powder extinguishers at all due to risk of inhalation and obfuscation. However, don't go for 9ltr foam, as the weight is too high for elderly people handling the extinguisher. I would go for 6ltr water mist (with de-ionised water to ensure that the extinguisher can be used on electrical equipment). 

Not entirely sure what you mean with a counter room?

Harry

A counter room is an electric switch room