Jump to content

Fire risk assessment required

Recommended Posts

Unless you've had a fire risk assessment you won't know what fire safety provisions you actually need (unless guided by the suppliers and installers which can often lead to over provision).

It should be as soon as possible, however in practice if the premises don't present a risk of death or serious injury then your FRA being a couple of weeks after opening is unlikely to lead to any action.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst pricey a water mist would be the best as you would only need one extinguisher to cover all risks - Class A (solids), Class F (cooking oils) and live electrical equipment instead of the traditional (more sales led) approach of a wet chemical extinguisher, CO2 extinguisher and fire blanket (If your fryers are bigger than 300mm diameter and/or contain more than 3l of oil then they are useless as that's the maximum size fire they are tested and approved for)


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...