Jump to content



Recommended Posts

Hi, I have joined up to this forum as I have noticed there seems to be a lot of knowledgeable people, and I hope someone may be able to give me some advice.

So, I have been working at a house of multiple occupancy and have installed rebated intumescent strips along the sides and top of an already installed fire door. However there is a large gap underneath I would say around 20 - 25mm and the letting agent wants it sorted for a fire inspection. I have told them that as far as I know I could install a strip of hardwood in the threshold to close the gap and make a uniform gap underneath, please do correct me if I'm wrong. They are not happy with that stating that it would be a trip hazard. Is there any product I can purchase and install to overcome this issue..??

Secondly, they have been informed that the gas meter box behind the front door has to be fireproofed, now, someone before me has gone in and lined it with fire retardant plasterboard on the outside of it. The door was not opening and closing properly and I was asked to fix. I took the door off, planed it down and now it works as it should, however, the letting agent is concerned about the gaps of a few mm around the cupboard door and insists it needs to be sealed..?

Very frustrating day for me today, so any advice will be much much appreciated.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...