Buckwheat Pillows

Guest Alf

Good morning,
I am very confused about the UK regulations regarding pillows and meditation cushions: Nearly 100% of the meditation cushions sold (online) do I guess not comply with the stringent regulations, they are filled with buckwheat. Or is that legal and buckwheat naturally fire retardant?
I hope your can come back to me as soon as possible (today would be absolute the best!)
Much appreciated, many thanks
Alf

If it is for domestic premises then it is subject to the regulations (FFFSR) and if it is a commercial premises then it would be subject to the FRA under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. The Responsible Person may use of Standards for the fire safety of upholstered furniture, BS 7176, for mattresses and BS 7177, and BS 5867 Part 2 for curtains which would be intended to assist all parties in ensuring the fire safety of upholstered furniture/furnishings for different end use applications, by using clearly defined ignition sources according to the level of hazard determined by the fire safety risk assessment.

Check out https://www.firesafe.org.uk/furniture-and-furnishings-fire-safety-regulations-19881989-and-1993/ if it is a domestic premises and Fire safety of furniture and furnishings in the contract and non-domestic sectors if it is a commercial premises.