Jump to content

Victorian conversion 3 flats


Recommended Posts

We have recently taken on a management company which specialises more in block management. We have just had a fire risk assessment done is it compulsory ? Also they want us to put up no smoking signs and clear items in the hallway I live at the top so items left outside my door/ staircase are not in anybody's way  also they are insisting we fit fire doors . What can they insist we do ? as we feel they are looking for excuses to charge us fees .

Where can I find what the rules are for conversions .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The owners/landlord or the management company are the Responsible Person as defined by The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. They have a duty to conduct a fire risk assessment (FRA) under the regulations and act on the findings. They certainly have a duty to carry out the significant findings of the FRA, which you have detailed above, but how it is paid for is a matter for the tenant agreement. The guide for the FRA would be FIRE SAFETY Guidance on fire safety provisions for certain types of existing housing which would have been used by the fire risk assessor, which shows what is required to meet the required standard of the regulations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...