Jump to content

Advice re fire alarms in shops

Guest Jamie

Recommended Posts

Guest Jamie

Hi i have been asked to check residential accommodation for CO and smoke detection. Also a high street property which is one building with three separate businesses occupying it. A stationers, a insurance services and a accountants.
Would this particular property require a hard wired fire alarm system with automatic and manual detection?
Or just mains smoke detection?
I would be grateful for any advice you could offer me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The residential premises should have CO and smoke detection in accordance with The Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015. The office accommodation should have a fire alarm installed in accordance with BS 5839-1:2013 Fire detection and fire alarm systems for buildings. Code of practice for design, installation, commissioning and maintenance of systems in non-domestic premises.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...