Jump to content

Manual call points

Guest Lucy

Recommended Posts

We have a four bed house which we let out as a shared house to 4 people. This is now covered by additional licensing and we need to register it. It has a mains fed alarm system but does it also need manual call points? Many thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because it is a HMO under additional licensing the Housing Act is the principal legislation the local council is the enforcing authority but most enforcing authorities accepted the Guidance on fire safety provisions for certain types of existing housing as the national guidance. You have not provide sufficient information but I would say the fire alarm required is a grade A or D depending on how many floors, which to my knowledge there is no facility to connect a manual call box on a grade D but there is on a grade A. You need to study the attached guide to see which type of fire alarm you have and require according to the guide.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...