Jump to content

Fire Safety

Guest John J

Recommended Posts


I am selling a flat in a Victorian house that has been converted into 3 flats.  My flat is the ground floor flat.  I believe the door on to the communal hall is a fire door along with the other door from the kitchen into the bedroom (all be it older fire doors), but cannot prove they are fire doors.  I bought the flat off a Housing Association and have not changed the doors.  I have lived there myself and never rented and am selling to another owner occupier.  My buyers solicitor is not happy about the doors as I have no proof.  What is the situation, do I have to change them. JJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know of three ways to having proof that a fire door (FD) meets the required fire resistance, fit a certificated FD, it will come with the necessary documentation, fit a fire door that has been constructed in accordance with a global Assessment, it will come with the necessary documentation, finally have it checked by a qualified fire door assessor who should provide you with a report. The last suggestion you need to contact the Fire Door Inspection Service and obtain the necessary information and you should also check if the buyer's solicitor will accept a FDIS report, if not, then its a case of fitting new fire doors, best of luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...