Taxi pickup point outside a supermarket

Guest Kyle

Hello I hope you can help me with this one. There is a Large Asda and directly outside in the privately owned car park I would say just 1 meter from the fire exit / entrance is a mini cab firm picking up people with Marshalls helping with the shopping etc. They have banners spreading the length of the fire exits/ entrance Inbetween the billiards and I wondered if this is unsafe and could be seen as an obstruction giving the store can hold hundreds of people in the event of an escape the banners and cars parking in a space directly outside the doors that was never designated for vehicles to stop and wait for people to come out, would it be against fire regulations. As it obstructs the exist to the car park ( safe area) etc. Asda has been built for about 6/7 years in this town and this is a new thing that's been happening outside for the past 2 years now

I would need to see it myself to be able to say it is unsafe but if you are concerned speak to ASDA who are the Responsible Persons or you could contact the enforcing authority who is the fire and rescue service check out, http://www.firesafe.org.uk/uk-fire-rescue-services-details/, for your local  fire and rescue service.