Jump to content

Fire Requirements

Guest Trigsta

Recommended Posts

Guest Trigsta


I am the landlord of a two story, two, 2 bed flats

Flats are owner occupied on long leases with freeholder in occupancy.

From what I have read we are therefore non hmo, as more than 2/3rds owner occupied

There is a 10 year battery smoke alarm in the lobby that feeds both flats, the lobby is approx 2m by 2m.

There is then another ten year smoke alarm interlinked in the upstairs flat.

The construction is pre 1991.

Do i need fire risk assesment?

Can i do one myself?

Thanks for any help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do not fully understand the situation, are you the landlord on behalf of the owner (freeholder) and the Responsible Person of the common area's. However the answer to your questions are, yes you do need a fire risk assessment and yes you can do it yourself, also it does not need to be recorded if you do not employ five or more people.

You need to study the sleeping risks guidance and http://www.firesafe.org.uk to decide what fire provisions you require.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...