Grants for fire safety equipment

Guest SColl

Please can you help me to find out who to contact for the securing of a grant for Fire pevention equipment.I am a leader in the New Life Church in Grantham Lincolnshire and we have recently acquired an old church building, which we are renovating.We ugently need to have the right equipment installed and wondered if there could be help by way of a grant to enable us to do this.It is urgent as we have a congregation of 90-120 each week and soon will be using the church throughout the week for meetings etc.Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Some local authorities provide grants for fire precautions in Houses Multiple Occupation's for up to 50%of the cost of works but with the present economical situation I suspect even those do not now exist. I am afraid there is no help for other premises subject to the The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and like all other premises you will have to fund it from your own resources.

You need a good Fire Risk Assessment first before wasting money on things that might not be sufficient or conversely might not be needed.

The most worrying thing is you seem to plan using using the premises despite the lack of General Fire Precautions in the premises which would be illegal and morally wrong, therefore I would suggest you conduct a FRA before using the premises.