fire proof drapes

Guest JoshuaS

Guest JoshuaS

Hello

I have been recently taking a look at starting a business which involves draping commercial venues with fabric as either a temporary or permanent installation. I am looking to find out information on the types of textiles which would be suitable to do this so as to meet fire safety regulations i.e, the amount of man-made to natural fibre which makes the fabric and wether spraying the fabric with fire retardent spray over treating it is still acceptable.

I have done work such as this for a company which has offered drapery as one of their services and I would really appreciate any help you could give me. I know about the installation processes i.e not covering fire alarms or emergency lighting etc but even so anything that could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Many man made fabrics are inherently fire retardant and those fabrics that aren't can be treated but for the best advice go to FIRA although experts in upholstered furniture they are experts in fire retardant fabrics used to cover furniture and I am sure they would be able to help. Check out http://www.fira.co.uk/