660MBX

Guest Andy

Guest Andy

Hi. I'm looking to replace 3  660MBX's as 2 are now intermittently triggering and all are within a year of their end life. The site shows a suitable replacement; easichange® SBBRKSM  but at various points mentions a twist fit base. The bases on all mine are the push fit type, as shown with the 760MBX. Can anyone confirm that the easichange® SBBRKSM will happily connect to this push fit base?

Thanks

Andy

Good morning

the SBBRKSM alarms will fit your 660MBX push fit bases however the colour of the SBBRKSM doesn't quite match your unit. Additionally the 660MBX push fit base is already a deep base which will in combination with the SBBRKSM alarm result in a bulky unit. So you can use the replacement but it might not be aesthetically pleasing.

I hope this helps.
Rahel

• 1 month later...
Guest Rob Watson

Hi,

I’m looking at replacing x2 BRK 670MBX units, there are 7 units in total for my alarm system. 

My question is can I just replace x2 to work with the 5 that are working fine? 

Thanks Rob 

Hi Rob

you can replace your BRK670MBX with our Easychange SBBRKSM smoke alarms. 

In our testing there don't appear to be any issues when mixing the old BRK670MBX units with our SBBRKSM, but we can't guarantee that it will work reliably with a larger system or over long periods of time. Therefore we would recommend that you replace all 7 of your units at the same time. 

I hope this helps

Rahel

It may seem an odd suggestion, but I would agree, if you are having to change two smoke alarms, you would be better off changing all of them now, rather than wait till you have to change the others, this also means that you can install a totally different brand, one that does not require a "conversion kit"