Communal stairs not enclosed

Guest Jo S

Forgive me, im posting this again. I understand that blocks of flats with common parts should have fire risk assessments, and this was clarified earlier in 2023, but building owners are still arguing that this only applies to enclosed common parts, and doesn't apply to first floor flats where flat doors open onto a  balcony walkway and staircase is open air. Can you point me to an official statement that clarifies this.

I  had one reply with diagram of a external stairs and the regulations that apply, but that doesn't answer my question. I still can't get the management company to do a FRA because they are arguing that only applies if the stairs are enclosed.

Thanks

The Article 50 Guidance sums up the scope of the law as follows (my highlighting):
"The Guide is intended to support the application of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (as amended) and the Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022 to the common parts of small blocks of flats (limited to 3 storeys) as well as the building’s structure, external walls and the doors between the flats and common parts. This includes premises with more than one storey, which has its own private exit, and within which there are no internal spaces used by more than one household, such as common hallways, landings and stairwells (“maisonettes”). "