Deta Model 1163 Triggering Randomly

Guest Nyubild

Guest Nyubild

Hi

I have a Deta Model 1163 that keeps getting triggered for no apparent reason. Initially, I thought it was false positives, so left it as is. But it has been triggered three times in the last 24 hours. After two triggers in 12 hours, I thought it could be a battery change and changed the 9v. About two hours later, it's been triggered again. Therefore I have no real idea what it could be.

Check the age of the alarm, it only has a life expectancy of 10 years, you could try cleaning it with a vacuum cleaner, also take the battery out, disconnect it from the mains and press and hold the test button for at least 20 seconds (it may make some odd noises) Then put it all back.

If the above does not solve your problem (and it is less than 10 years old) as there are no user serviceable parts, you have no option other than to change it. I would also suggest that you may want to change brands, but if you do this you will have to change ALL your smoke and or CO alarms, as you can not mix and match brands. If so, I would suggest you Click here