Ziton Fire Alarm Panel

NJS333

Hi,

At our development we have a Ziton Fire Alarm panel that covers four zones. The development is a mixture of houses and storage buildings converted to flats and townhouses, 39 in total.

The Fire Alarm panel has been displaying 15 faults since early August.

This impacts on several flats that have detectors fitted within them, however, they could also have additional stand alone smoke alarms fitted.  

I have raised this issue with the directors of the Management Company, managing agent and local authorities yet the issue is still not resolved.

Please see video in attached link;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r2Jnqv9BxosZcuIAkXXtsi8kPxb0XiGu/view?usp=sharing

With all those points showing offline would this fire alarm activate in the event of a fire at the development?

Thank you for any information or guidance provided.

Have you tried the fire safety enforcement department at your local fire & rescue service? (Failing that the local press)

Several devices are faulty or programmed out (but physically in place) you have a mixture of everything out of action - detection, sounders, interfaces to other equipment (e.g. access control, smoke vents, etc)

Some faults don't really impact the system that much, however there are so may on this system I'd question it's ability to function as intended as well as the competence of the Management Company, Agent and maintenance provider!

On 12/12/2022 at 20:07, AnthonyB said:

Have you tried the fire safety enforcement department at your local fire & rescue service? (Failing that the local press)

Several devices are faulty or programmed out (but physically in place) you have a mixture of everything out of action - detection, sounders, interfaces to other equipment (e.g. access control, smoke vents, etc)

Some faults don't really impact the system that much, however there are so may on this system I'd question it's ability to function as intended as well as the competence of the Management Company, Agent and maintenance provider!

Hi AnthonyB,

I have tried both of them and also my local council and MP.

As far as the fire safety enforcement department is concerned the issue has been resolved.

They believe the matters raised are the responsibility of the management company and have previously stated that the managing agent is conducting weekly fire alarm tests, that the AOV is manually operated and more recently that they will not accept any further complaints, but will continue to utilise their powers of enforcement and inspection under the RFO on the premises carrying out inspections on a risk-based approach? 

Sadly that is the level of fire safety enforcement these days - it's very difficult to get them to enforce anything other than the most desperate situations - some are worse than others!

Next stop is to try and get the press and resident fire safety pressure groups interested in the story.