Fire risk assessment for student accommodation

Guest Guest

I am looking for quotes for fire risk assessments for my student accommodation. We own the buildings and they are located on the academy grounds. They differ from a bedsit (welfare, small kitchen bed) to multiple bedrooms, with own welfare facilities with communal areas within (corridor, tv/kitchen area). My question is, do I need to ensure the fire risk assessor has access to these areas because I will need to notify my students that someone will be entering their bedrooms and living areas. Or will they only want access to the common areas and not the bedrooms? Should they be going into the bedrooms?

On 06/09/2022 at 13:52, Guest Guest said:

I am looking for quotes for fire risk assessments for my student accommodation. We own the buildings and they are located on the academy grounds. They differ from a bedsit (welfare, small kitchen bed) to multiple bedrooms, with own welfare facilities with communal areas within (corridor, tv/kitchen area). My question is, do I need to ensure the fire risk assessor has access to these areas because I will need to notify my students that someone will be entering their bedrooms and living areas. Or will they only want access to the common areas and not the bedrooms? Should they be going into the bedrooms?

Cluster kitchens and sample of bedroom doors (viewed from both sides) in shared cluster flats and common areas and bedsit entrance doors (viewed from both sides) for these. This is if you are doing Type 1 FRAs to satisfy the minimum requirements of the fire safety legislation. If you want your responsibilities as a landlord under the Housing Act assessed as well (Type 3 FRA) then all rooms would be viewed in the samples