Crochet Cushion Advice

Guest Georgia

Guest Georgia

Hi there, I was just hoping someone would be able to confirm something please. I am hoping to start selling my crochet cushions and have read through the fire safety guide: https://www.fira.co.uk/images/FIRA-Flammability-Guide-PDF-with-links.pdf, but still don't completely understand.

The crochet cover is made from 100% acrylic yarn, with pompoms from the same yarn and has a zip attached to the top. I have attached photos of the cushion below. The cushion is 40cmx30cm.

"The regulatory requirement for scatter cushions and seat pads is that the filling material only must satisfy the relevant ignition test", does this mean that the cushion pad (insert) only needs the necessary label? I have attached an image of the label that the cushion pad has. Does the removable cover require a 'Keep away from fire' label at all on the inside, or does it not need a label at all? Does the cover require any fire safety tests at all?

If anyone would be able to advise me on this I would be very grateful. Thank you!

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

• 1 month later...

Enforcement officers accept labels fixed to the interior pads of scatter cushions and suggest that the label protrudes through a partly open zip at the point of sale so it is visible.  Fire safety of furniture and furnishings in the home A Guide to the UK Regulations  check out page 29 A4.1.