Jump to content


Guest JUlie

Recommended Posts

Guest JUlie


I am in process of selling a flat  purpose built with one entrance and communal area, providing access to separate properties with own front doors Block is 3 stories high. Now buyer is insisting on a fire risk assessment report current within 5 years and any remedial work needed. Also how work would be paid for. Flat is leasehold. Is this a legal requirement and who is responsible for providing this information? Also how do you get a report. any  information would be great. Thanks Julie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you are in England or Wales and you are in a block of  flats with communal space it has been a legal requirement since 2006 to have a Fire Risk Assessment for the common parts. The Responsible Person under the legislation (which is the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005) would be the freeholder, or if right to manage has been invoked and the freehold purchased by the tenants, the Tenant Management Company. 

Usually a competent third party competent person would carry out the assessment, who should ideally be listed here: https://www.firesectorfederation.co.uk/fire-risk-assessment/fire-risk-assesment-directory/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...