Intermittent Red Light Flashing, No Sound

Guest rib

I live in a rental property and have Ei Optical Smoke Alarms installed in each room - not sure which model but our manual covers the Ei3024/3016/3014.

The RF Module LED indicator on one of the alarms is flashing red twice quickly at 3/4-second intervals, with no sound coming from it. We've looked at the manual and can't see any answers there - all other alarm units are as normal, with a solid green light. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/10/2020 at 22:13, Guest rib said:

I live in a rental property and have Ei Optical Smoke Alarms installed in each room - not sure which model but our manual covers the Ei3024/3016/3014.

The RF Module LED indicator on one of the alarms is flashing red twice quickly at 3/4-second intervals, with no sound coming from it. We've looked at the manual and can't see any answers there - all other alarm units are as normal, with a solid green light. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

As  above 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest23
On 21/10/2020 at 22:13, Guest rib said:

Did you ever find a fix for this? We currently have the same issue. Cannot find any info on it in the instruction manual. 

18 hours ago, Guest Guest23 said:

Did you ever find a fix for this?

Please do not ask other posters a question, the reason being that they will often post a question and never be heard from again, the poster you are "asking" posted 2 years ago, never to be heard from again.

Several questions for you.

What is the make / model of your smoke alarm?

How old is it?

When did you last change its battery?

When did you last clean it?

Does it work when you press the test button?

Have you had ANY electrical work carried out in the last 2 months?

I ask these questions as I am not there, so I do not know the answers. Sometimes people assume that all the smoke alarms they have are all the same, they should be but sometimes they are not, that is why I ask you to check the make and model.