need an answer on honeywell H450 EN Alarm

Guest carol

Hi, My carbon monoxide alarm went off 2 nights ago with 4 chirps every 10/15 seconds ,scared the life out of me but my son looked at it and said the expiry date was for August 2020  he tested it and it stopped and it said it would reset it for 24 hours ,and it went of again the next night but it was 22 hrs not 24  with the same pattern and so we reset it again so at this stage we think it might be battery as  amber light is on and off  which means there is a fault in it,now tonight is third night  and 24 hours nearly up and a continuous green light flashes every 60 seconds so is this okay again ,has it maybe detected a gas leek or what as I am confused   needless to say I cannot sleep right since this happened as worried sick hubby says it has to be battery but these days you just don't know.The only symptoms I have when this happens is a very dry mouth is this a symptom at all.Thanks in advance for any help given:)