Fire risk assessment questions

Guest James

Guest James

Good evening

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but i have a few questions about an FRA.

On the FRA the assessor has listed that there are incorrect locks (budget locks) fitted to 3 of the cupboards in the ground floor area. It doesnt actually suggest what they should be but she explained it to the building manager that the locks installed cannot have a hole through them. So would a digilock with intumescent kit be acceptable.

She has listed these 3 cupboards of which 2 are electrical cupboards and 1 cleaners cupboard. But has not mentioned anything about the other 7 electrical cupboards in the building that also have budget locks. 

Is there a document i can read that has everything listed or is it just what the assessor deems acceptable?

Thanks for any replies

These are all suitable (https://www.locksonline.co.uk/Fire-Rated-Mortice-Locks-For-Fire-Doors.html) as are digilocks. You can have certain holes in fire doors, otherwise you couldn't have letterboxes in fire doors (which you can).

Rather odd they didn't comment on the other 7  unless llocated away from escape routes