Baby Pillows

Guest Cottontail18

Guest Cottontail18

Hi

Ive recently purchased online a pillow for my sons bed from an online baby retailer. The pillow arrived with no protective covering and has no labels whatsoever. No display labels and no safety/fire labels. I contacted the company who said this is how they arrive from the manufacturer and that they are compliant to British Standards. I cant find a definitive answer online, but this doesnt seem right to sit right with me? Im keen to return as I do not want to use it, however the company are reluctant. Please can someone advise me if I am correct?

Thanks so much, Sammie

If they are drop-shipped direct from overseas they are able to sidestep the UK Furnishing Regs and also there is a greater chance of products being non conforming. Even where a seller states they are UK based, often your goods will clearly have arrived directly from China, not a UK warehouse. Sometimes there is a genuine UK seller using dropshipping, often they don't exist and the UK address is a "poste restant" or similar.

If it's priced too good to be true it probably is and a large amount of eBay and Amazon new stock is counterfieit or poor quality and sometimes outright dangerous.

If it's a genuine UK based seller and warehouse then there is more recourse against them under trading standards and consumer safety legislation.

Guest Sammie
14 hours ago, AnthonyB said:

If they are drop-shipped direct from overseas they are able to sidestep the UK Furnishing Regs and also there is a greater chance of products being non conforming. Even where a seller states they are UK based, often your goods will clearly have arrived directly from China, not a UK warehouse. Sometimes there is a genuine UK seller using dropshipping, often they don't exist and the UK address is a "poste restant" or similar.

If it's priced too good to be true it probably is and a large amount of eBay and Amazon new stock is counterfieit or poor quality and sometimes outright dangerous.

If it's a genuine UK based seller and warehouse then there is more recourse against them under trading standards and consumer safety legislation.

Thanks so much for your reply! They definitely are a UK based seller with a warehouse (its all over their website!), I guess my problem is I just cant prove whether this has been shipped from overseas or not. As you say, high chance its non conforming, I am absolutely not going to use it, its not worth the risk. The product is no longer listed on their website (convenient!) so I cant even have another read through the description!