Jump to content

Fire Risk Assessments within flats

Tony Campbell

Recommended Posts


A client has recently asked me does he need to get Fire Risk Assessments carried out on the inside of flats, he is the freeholder of a block, and is aware that he needs to have a Fire Risk Assessment for the communal, but does he need assessments for the tenanted flats.

Thanking you. 

Tony Campbell AssocRICS, MCIOB



Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, he should read article 6 of The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 domestic premises are exempt and article 2 definition of a domestic premises which states the common areas of a block of flats is not exempt so the RR(FS)O applies consequently a FRA is required. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...