Guest AnnLog

I am looking on advice to re-write our fire safety policy and wondered if you have any ideas who might be able to help. I am the manager for Temporary Accommodation for homeless women with or without children, we accommodate 10 women within 5 self-contained flats. I also need to know if and what training is required for staff we are a small staff team 4 x Support Worker and 1 x Service Manager the role of Workers involves a lot of lone working.

Regards

Ann

If you are located in England or Wales my opinion is you are subject to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and the guidance document is Sleeping accommodation . If you check out http://www.firesafe....ety-order-2005/ this will help in understanding the the order and if you study the guidance document this will help you to implement the requirements of the order. The principle requirement is to conduct a fire risk assessment and this will dictate what you are required to do to comply with the order.