Jump to content

Fire Risk Assesment - Flats

Guest Mark

Recommended Posts

Hello....I own a property that consists of shop on ground floor and two flats above on one story. Flat at rear with own entrance door. 

Do I need a FRA?

Does Smoke Detector System need to be on separate landlord supply?

Any guide to regulations please would be helpful. 


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes you do need an FRA for the shop which needs to consider the effects of a fire in the shop on other relevant persons i.e. the flat occupants.

If there are no internal common areas to the flats they don't need an FRA but there are fire safety obligations under the Housing Act.

I'd need to see the premises (i.e. doing your FRA) to advise accurately on the fire alarm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...